Which ever stroller you pick, don't forget to follow these easy tips for safe use.
- Always secure your baby by using the restraint straps.
- When you fold or unfold your stroller keep your baby's hands away from areas that can pinch tiny fingers.
- Always make sure that the locking devices fully engaged to prevent accidental foldings.
- Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and utilize the specific features to block leg openings with fully reclined.
- Apply the brakes when your stroller's stationary.
- Use the storage space for carrying packages.
- Keep handles free of bags.
- Always keep your baby close and you never leave your baby unattended.
- Always buy the stroller which meets the highest safety standards build your child's safe beginnings.
The most important things to know about stroller safety.
When you unfold your stroller, make sure that it's in a locked position before you put your baby inside. The first thing that you're going to do is you're going to put the stroller in lock.
There's different locking mechanisms on all different types of strollers but that's the first thing that you want to do. After you get the stroller locked, you're going to either take your child out of the car seat or with the car seat if you have an adapter.
Make sure that the stroller has a 5-point harness system. Especially if it's a stroller that you're going to be using while you're jogging or walking fast. Most strollers have a 5- point harness that goes around the baby's shoulders and also around the baby's waist.
It can keeps your baby from trying to stand up in the stroller and that comes to the center of their legs will also keep them from sliding down. All these straps should be clicked in to place before you take off.
Once your child is locked in you can then undo the lock and you can be on your way. Taking the child out, you want to make sure you lock it again so it can't go anywhere. Strollers have breaks in the back that you can engage to stop the wheels.
That way if you need to open a car door, the stroller is not gonna get away from you. When you take a baby out and then break down the stroller in that way you would put your baby in the car seat.
Most of the car seats have something that's going to be red because it will be easily noticed and it will break down the stroller. Most strollers have red buttons on them. It's worth paying attention to those.
It's tempting to hang on your bags and packages back of the stroller, but beware if you really overload it, the stroller will tip backwards. So make sure you're making use of the basket under your child's seat for a lot of your stuff.
Be extra careful when you take your baby out of the stroller to fold it up. Make sure you keep your baby far away while you fold it so their little fingers can't get caught in any of the mechanisms while the stroller folds.
And those are the most important things to know about stroller safety.